1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] SCSI/RAID host controller code 19 Registry info damaged, reinstall/update

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Stiltzkin, Nov 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stiltzkin

Stiltzkin Thread Starter

I'm using XP Home, and in the device manager, under "SCSI and RAID controllers", "SCSI/RAID host contoller has an exclamation point. It says that the registry info for this device may be corrupt (code 19). The trouble shooter and Windows Update tell me to check for updates to the driver (which there are none of) or to reinstall the device (do they mean the driver? I dont see a way to reinstall the device. I dont even know what hardware its needed for). When I uninstall the driver and reboot to reinstall it, it tells me it cant start, and needs to start in the last known good configuration, which was before I unistalled the driver.

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

try going into your bios and disabling the controller. your probably not using it and it got enabled by mistake.

3. Dan O

Dan O

Do you have a SCSI hard drive or IDE?

Under Properties what is listed for Manufacture and Location?

4. Stiltzkin

Stiltzkin Thread Starter

The manufacturer and location are both unknown. As I said, if I uninstall it, the system won't even start, so isn't it probably using it? Also, there is a disable option if I right click on it. Is that the same as disabling it in the BIOS? If not, how do I edit the BIOS?

5. Dan O

Dan O

BIOS is called SETUP most often. When you power on the PC it usually which key is used to enter SETUP. Often it is the Del key. Your PC manual should list it as well. If you don't find it, let us know the Make and Model of your PC and we should be able to tell you.

6. Stiltzkin

Stiltzkin Thread Starter

Ill try that. BTW, I have an IDE drive.

7. Dan O

Dan O

Because you have a IDE drive you don't need the SCSI/RAID host contoller and you can Remove it from Device Manager, which should fix your problem.

Happy Thanksgiving

8. Stiltzkin

Stiltzkin Thread Starter

I tried to uninstall it again and reboot, and this time it worked! Thanks for the help.

9. Dan O

Dan O

Great, I will mark this thread solved.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/105312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice