1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: SCSI to SATA converter???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pickelsaretasty, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickelsaretasty

pickelsaretasty Thread Starter

Well I got into a little crunch and wasn't paying much attention and I accidentally bought a "Fujitsu 147GB 10K SCSI HARDDRIVE MAT3147NC U320 80 PIN" thinking for some reason that it was an SATA drive *hits self on head*.

Anyways I'm looking for a very simple and low cost solution to be able to run the SCSI drive in my computer. I've seen all types of converters for 80 pin and such, but I don't really know which one is applicable with the hard drive I got. Are there any SCSI to SATA converters out there? or is there anyway possible to run a SCSI drive from my home computer, without spending too much money? or should I just sell it and just stick with SATA?

Thanks,

David.

2. Memnoch322

Memnoch322

Sell it and get a SATA drive would be my move. If you cant return it Ebay it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!