1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: SD Card being a pain...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PCG342, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PCG342

PCG342 Banned Thread Starter

Okay, I've got an MP3 player with expandable memory. I generally don't copy stuff onto the player's memory, because you've gotta switch back and forth between player and SD card... But anyway... I had a load of music on here. Copied okay, played fine, but now I can't delete it. I tried using Media Player, deleting it using Windows Explorer, and even formatting the card.
    The third approach actually removed the songs, but not a folder. Said folder still won't budge.
    What gives?
    Edit: It's also not showing up as empty in Media Player, even after disconnecting it, several times...

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Radical thought, why not tell us the make/model of the MP3 player? :)

3. PCG342

GPX MW3816. AND I got it half-off. :D
    Yeeeeah... sue me...
    But I have a card-reader and the card's acting screwy there, too...
    The thing plays fine, I just copied three CDs worth onto it last night, and I'm using it today.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If multiple USB devices are having a problem, perhaps it's not a MP3 player issue.

5. PCG342

... That's what I'm saying. It's the SD card, but I'm outta ideas for fixing it, and essentially, I have a half-useless card.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Have you tried deleting the partition off it using Disk Management?

If that fails you may need to replace the card.

7. PCG342

No, I'll try that... 'twas only a $20 one-gig card from Best Buy... but still, it's only a month or two old...

Edit: Didn't go that far. It actually formatted in only maybe two seconds. Totally clean. :rolleyes: Thanks, both of you!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice