1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: sd card slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by a68postcar, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. a68postcar

a68postcar Thread Starter

hey everyone! been a while since i posted, real buisy. my dilema is this. i placed an sd card in the slot of my pavillion to add some pics for one of those picture frame w/ sd card and h.d. so it plays a slide show on the end table. well i inserted the card in the slot, the light came on,saying it was in the slot but the computer never saw it. i clicked on each individual drive (f,g,h,i,j) but it dont see it.so i removed the card and the light stayed on. what is the deal? i may just be a dope, but i dont know. i updated the drivers and looked at the device mgr. and it said it was working properly??????????? i dont get it.

2. a68postcar

do these cards only inteface to the h/d or can i store from my h/d to the card too?

3. a68postcar

some one, any one, HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPpppppp......

4. BG-0

BG-0

How large is the SD card? How old, what model is your laptop? Has it worked previously, does it work with other computers, devices, readers?

5. a68postcar

the card is 1 g.it is new. the pc is 2 yo, and is an hp pav. desktop.mod #a1640n, not sure if it ever worked. i just tried it,and the pc didn't even recognize it.

6. BG-0

BG-0

Well, there's a fault in the card or the reader. The card should be pretty much instantly shown in My Computer, and as it's only 1 GB, it's not an SD vs SDHC problem either. (SD cards over 2 GB are SDHC, and do not work in older card readers only designed for SD cards.)

So, I'm not really able to see all the answers needed in your post. Does the CARD work with other computers? Does the PC read other SD cards? What I would do, if not able to try the card in other computers or try other cards in your computer, is spend 6 $ and get a new card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134806
    If it doesn't work either, then it's the reader, but you'll have an extra SD card. It'd be a bit of a shame, but 6 $ shouldn't be that bad of a loss. Replacing or having the reader fixed shouldn't be that bad of a hassle either.

7. a68postcar

thanks bg-o i tried another card in the slot and it isn't reading it either. so i'm gonna guess its a hardware problem. i'm gonna mark this solved and see what i can find out on my hardware issue. thanks again.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/810946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice