1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Seagate Barracuda 1TB jumper

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by the_man550, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_man550

the_man550 Thread Starter

Hi

I have a %title% hdd in my comp, and according to several reviews seagate has configured it to have a default 1.5gb/sec jumper.

1. How do I check what I have?
    2. How do I change to 3gb/sec?

Thanks.

2. BG-0

BG-0

Take off a jumper from a place like this, if there is a jumper: http://techreport.com/r.x/seagate-barracuda-es2/jumper.jpg

Quote: Large and fast. The first thing you have to know is the drive comes limited to 1.5 Gbits per second. By removing the jumper you allow the drive to auto-negotiate up to 3.0 Gbits per second. Google Seagate's manual ""100452348b.pdf"" and cruise to the top of page 20. All is explained in the PDF. Pull the jumper and NOW you have some serious speed !!!

3. the_man550

the_man550 Thread Starter

I am forever grateful to you. I've found that little thing (it's much further in than what you believe after watching that picture) and I'm going to remove it as soon as I can (my HDD isn't easy to remove, and there's a PSU in the way.

But thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/738102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice