1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: seagate goflex external hdd not recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by werlkaw, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. werlkaw

werlkaw Thread Starter

(I have a windows 7 x64) I'm trying to boot from a usb and I followed an online video to make my goflex booteable. I basically fudged up but i managed to format it back to the original NTFS format with absolutely no files on it. When I go to Windows->Computer the drive isnt there! I went to Computer->(right click) manage and went to the disk management section and the drive is there! but i can't add any files to it from there :(. any help? Also, when i plug in the drive, i hear the usual sound when i plug any usb in, then i can choose to safely eject my seagate goflex! but i can't open the drive to put files in it!

2. werlkaw

werlkaw Thread Starter

nevermind! I just had to add a drive letter to be able to access it! for anyone interested, computer(right click) manage ->disk management. click on the disk (then right click) add drive letter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055134