Solved: Search for servers in steam games=laggy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

the_man550

Hi there

Right now I have 4 games from steam (valve) that I play online (hl2 deatmatch, counter-strike source, garry's mod and cs 1.6).

The thing is that, when I search for servers in any of the games; my computer almost dies.
Everything just freezes and if I try to for example open steam in-game it takes about 5-10 sec
The game freezes as well.

In game I never get under 60fps, everything maxed out @ 1680x1050 so I don't believe that it's something with my computers hardware.

My broadband is 8mb, I don't know of any viruses and I use windows defender as protection.

Anyone? :O

Much appreciated

the_man550

just quick then:

Intel quad Q6600 2.4ghz
BFG 8800GTX OC2
4gb ram (I can use 2.75 of them in xp, which I use for dx9 games)

So I'd not say it's hardware related :p

the_man550

Just ran gmod for the first time, and jeeez...

The first thing that happened was that everything just frezed. If I placed the pointer at one of the menu text's it highlighted after about 5secs and a sound started to loop.

I managed to start the game - not even 1fps

I expected more from this computer......

the_man550

Solved it =)

I didn't know that nvidia had a firewall embedded in their "drivers", but that was the case.

Seems like that one and windows defender had a small fight, and nvidia "loosed" and crashed.

I found it using 450mb RAM.

Well, thanks for asking what speccs I have... :p

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online