1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Second DDR module not found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AndrewC, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AndrewC

AndrewC Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    I have just bought some new 256MB DDR333 Infineon RAM to go with my other 256MB of Elixir RAM. My BIOS only sees one module though! They are both CL2.5 and DDR333 so I assumed they should be compatible.
    The BIOS is happy to see each module seperately when I take the other one out, but it won't see both of them at the same time.
    I have tried reseating them, but this doesn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas? My mobo is an MSI KM4M-L (or 6734 if you prefer), and I am running the latest BIOS (1.6).

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. HappyHacker

HappyHacker

If you have more than two slots for memory some motherboards require that slots 0 and 2 be filled or 1 and 3.

3. AndrewC

AndrewC Thread Starter

I only have 2 DDR slots. Could the mixing of manufacturers have caused this problem?

4. AndrewC

AndrewC Thread Starter

I managed to fix the problem, although I do feel a bit silly...

Turns out one of the DDR slots was just being difficult and required a good deal of force to properly insert the module. I got fed up, jammed it in good and hey presto! Looked like the mobo was about to snap though. Strange how it worked when there was only 1 module in the board at a time, as if to taunt me :)

Thanks for trying to help, but in the end it was partly my own fault(!)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice