Solved: Secure Websites - Still Having Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

-Matt-

I recently moved from AOL dial up to Tiscali Broadband. Ever since the broadband started working I've been unable to access secure websites and use MSN. I have the same problem if I connect using AOL. I also find the same problem to matter what browser I'm using. I'm running Windows XP.

I've noticed a few others have a had similar problems, so I followed any advice given there. However after trying everything I can find the problem stil persists.

Any ideas?

-Matt-

Hey, thanks for the welcome.

I'm afraid I've already been to that site and tried everything on it, but to no avail.

-Matt-

I've tried setting it to accept all cookies and still no success.

Oh and that Pitstop website was interesting, but didn't find any problems. Thanks anyway.

I really apreciate your help so far, thanks very much.

Have you checked your browser settings? And are you using a software firewall?

-Matt-

I've turned off all firewalls but still no good.

I've also tried altering every setting in the browser suggested.

Interestingly, I'm unable to turn my Norton internet security on, when I click the 'Turn on' button nothing happens. I'm also finding the same with the Auto-Protect on Norton anti-virus. I've started using the windows firewall while I sort it out.

-Matt-

Just to let you know I've sorted the problem now, but thanks very much for all your help.

matt, i have the same problem as you how did u solve it. thanks. i cant go into my mail at all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts