Solved: security key not accepted after updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

noimea

hello, yesterday my vista installed some updates concerning netgear. after that Netgear says that my security key is not correct even though it's the very same I had before updating. My netgear model is WG111V2. I tried to restart my pc few times as well as reinstalling the Netgear, both unsuccessfully. What elese I can try to fix it, please?

TerryNet

Terry
I tried to restart my pc few times as well as reinstalling the Netgear, both unsuccessfully.
If you can't Restart and can't reinstall a wireless adapter you have far bigger problems than a security key. Exactly what happens on an attempted Restart? Exactly what do you do and what happens for an adapter reinstall?

noimea

Apparently it is working now - it was pretty weird though. it turned out that the problem was (probably) caused by a saved session on mozilla firefox 3 by another user on the machine. I cannot see any other explenation, and I was about to reinstall the whole operating system to get it working (the key was surely typed in correctly, since the internet on my laptop was working flawlessly).

TerryNet

Terry
Good you got it working w/o a Windows install. :) You can mark this "Solved" using the button at the upper left of your 1st post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online