1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Seeing Double in Firefox

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tchyrizel, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tchyrizel

Tchyrizel Thread Starter

Soo, I'm new to Tech Support Guy Forums, but I used to brows here frequently to see if anyone else was having similar issues in the past. This time, to no avail.
    To get straight to it then:

Basically I'm seeing double in certain webpages. I use firefox as my main web browser because IE doesn't seem to have great popup blockers and I just generally prefer Firefox. What I see is (for example with Google) the main google page, everything is fine, except there are two of them. Hard to explain so I'll attach two pictures that basically outline what's going on. It may be a simple thing to fix, but y'know, I'm stumped.

Attached Files:

• wtf.JPG
      wtf.JPG
      File size:
      152.1 KB
      Views:
    • wtf2.JPG
      wtf2.JPG
      File size:
      118.5 KB
      Views:
  2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't have a clue. Suggest that while waiting for a useful response you check Tools - Add-ons - both the Extensions and Plugins tabs to see if you have anything there that may be providing this "feature."

3. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

R-click your taskbar and uncheck split windows

4. Tchyrizel

Tchyrizel Thread Starter

I don't appear to have a "split windows" boolean value in the right click menu. Which taskbar are you referring to? The Firefox taskbar only has the standard "Restore, Move, Size" etc options. But yeah if its only something ticked that shouldn't be, I'm going to laugh and then probably headbutt the keyboard a few times. I'll keep looking though, cheers RootbeaR.
    I've disabled all the addons for the time being, I suspect maybe the new version of firefox (3.0.3?) and the fact that a few of the scripts haven't been updated for it (i.e. Greasemonkey) may be doing this, so thanks TerryNet.

5. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

R-click an empty area on the same row as your time, application buttons.

6. Tchyrizel

Tchyrizel Thread Starter

Yeah ok, so I tried the taskbar, doesn't seem to be an option to split windows. And if there was, I don't think it was ticked xP.

Anyway, I disabled all firefox addons for the time being until I can either rollback the version of firefox, or get a newer vers. of the addons. Quit firefox, restarted (just to be safe) and gave it a look - everything seems to be running smoothly, no more double pictures. Awesome! Thanks for your help guys!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754437

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice