Solved: Seeing Double in Firefox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tchyrizel

Soo, I'm new to Tech Support Guy Forums, but I used to brows here frequently to see if anyone else was having similar issues in the past. This time, to no avail.
To get straight to it then:

Basically I'm seeing double in certain webpages. I use firefox as my main web browser because IE doesn't seem to have great popup blockers and I just generally prefer Firefox. What I see is (for example with Google) the main google page, everything is fine, except there are two of them. Hard to explain so I'll attach two pictures that basically outline what's going on. It may be a simple thing to fix, but y'know, I'm stumped.

Attachments

TerryNet

Terry
I don't have a clue. Suggest that while waiting for a useful response you check Tools - Add-ons - both the Extensions and Plugins tabs to see if you have anything there that may be providing this "feature."

Tchyrizel

I don't appear to have a "split windows" boolean value in the right click menu. Which taskbar are you referring to? The Firefox taskbar only has the standard "Restore, Move, Size" etc options. But yeah if its only something ticked that shouldn't be, I'm going to laugh and then probably headbutt the keyboard a few times. I'll keep looking though, cheers RootbeaR.
I've disabled all the addons for the time being, I suspect maybe the new version of firefox (3.0.3?) and the fact that a few of the scripts haven't been updated for it (i.e. Greasemonkey) may be doing this, so thanks TerryNet.

Tchyrizel

Yeah ok, so I tried the taskbar, doesn't seem to be an option to split windows. And if there was, I don't think it was ticked xP.

Anyway, I disabled all firefox addons for the time being until I can either rollback the version of firefox, or get a newer vers. of the addons. Quit firefox, restarted (just to be safe) and gave it a look - everything seems to be running smoothly, no more double pictures. Awesome! Thanks for your help guys!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts