Solved: Seeting account to work on Partioned Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

etaf

Wayne
I set up a toshiba laptop with Vista which also sets up a partioned drive ( I dont like this type of setup - because most basic users, end up using ther c: drive and filling it up)
so as this is for a very novice user, my other half, I set it up such that the
documents
Music
Picture
all pointed to the E: Drive
which was easy to do by right clicking, properties, move, then when i installed new programs like Itunes it used E for the library
and the card reader copied to E: pictures

Now I would like everything on her account, that shes likely to use
ie
download
favorites etc

I did not see how I could move them

can someone help/advise please

EDIT:
I think I may have found the answer, as soon as I get back to the PC I can try - however and advice still helpfull thansk
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=215

it seemed to have worked OK

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts