1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Seeting account to work on Partioned Drive

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by etaf, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etaf

etaf Moderator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Wayne
    I set up a toshiba laptop with Vista which also sets up a partioned drive ( I dont like this type of setup - because most basic users, end up using ther c: drive and filling it up)
    so as this is for a very novice user, my other half, I set it up such that the
    documents
    Music
    Picture
    all pointed to the E: Drive
    which was easy to do by right clicking, properties, move, then when i installed new programs like Itunes it used E for the library
    and the card reader copied to E: pictures

Now I would like everything on her account, that shes likely to use
    ie
    download
    favorites etc

I did not see how I could move them

can someone help/advise please

EDIT:
    I think I may have found the answer, as soon as I get back to the PC I can try - however and advice still helpfull thansk
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=215

it seemed to have worked OK

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice