1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Send Email without showing addresses

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by allycat, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. allycat

allycat Thread Starter

How do you hide senders and receivers email address in outlook express when sending an email? :confused:

2. Ratboy

Ratboy

allycat,

Welcome to TSG!

Use the BBC: field instead of the To: field. This will hide the other addresses from the recipients. If you do not see the BBC field in the New Message window, go to View and click on All Headers.

3. iSpec

iSpec

Well, BCC (Blind Carbon Copy ;-)).
    Address the To field to yourself.

4. allycat

allycat Thread Starter

Ratboy and ispec

Thankyou for your prompt response to my query.
    This information has certainly been helpful.
    The only remainding question unanswered is, if forwarding Business e-mails etc, can you hide your own e-mail so it is not obtained by spammers etc, for example in the lists that occur in cc. As I send out alot of work e-mails from home can I stop people from obtaining my personal e-mail, or is opening another account for this purpose the only proposition.
    Thanks in advance.
    Allycat

5. iSpec

iSpec

You cannot hide an email address from spammers. If you use your email, the address will be going over the net, either as To or From. Hiding email addresses is mostly important when you're active in newsgroups, since those can be scanned quite easily.
    However, sending business emails with your personal address as From doesn't look too professional. Assuming you're using an email client like Outlook Express, you can add an account which has your business email as the sender. Just copy your private account details to the new account, but change the associated email address to your business address. You can then send mail using your business email address. This is perfectly valid: alle replies etc. will arrive at your business address. One thing: you do not want this account to pick up your POP mail; that's done by your personal account.

6. allycat

allycat Thread Starter

I would like to say thankyou both for your assistance.
    The information has been informative and has resolved my question.
    I will now conduct my e-mails as you have suggested.
    Thanks again
    Allycat

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/393979