1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: sending document as email

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by shillguy, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shillguy

shillguy Thread Starter

C2D PC, Win XPP, MS Office 2007

How do I send a document / spreadsheet as a body text in email instead of as an attachment.

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

Often it's not a great idea, IMO - you can lose a lot of formatting, especially if you are talking a Word document.
    However, first, what email program are you using? Outlook 2007?

3. letchworth

letchworth

Generally speaking, if you can get it to an image format like .pdf or into a desktop publishing program like Publisher or Serif PagePlus, you will be inserting an image of the data (not editable- if course, except with a lot of work). You could also do this with a screen capture of the data- pasted into the email (if your email client accepts graphic content and you recipient is not "text based"). Not an online email service like Hotmail, but a program on your computer like Eudora or others email clients.

I use Foxit ,pdf reader and the Snapshot tool allows you to designate an area you wish to "photograph". The image is saved to clipboard and can be pasted into your email- if your email client meets the above mentioned criteria. The limitation I experience is that you can only take a snapshot of what is on screen at the time, but a series of Snapshots inserted below one another will easily fit a page or two (or, you can zoom out before taking the Snapshot).

In Serif PagePlus (or Publisher) you can import spreadsheet files (or text files for that matter) and use the Grouping Tool to group two or more frames together (If your material is limited to one frame- create a "fake" additional frame- even if empty & very small- to force the Grouping tool to work). Now that the frames are grouped, you can copy the Group and paste it into your email.

Screen captured images can be edited in any photo editor (like Irfanview) and copied then pasted into your email client.

It may take a couple steps to get things into an image format- but it is quite easy.
    Good luck
    letchworth

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Good point letchworth.
    Since I deal all the time in sending spreadsheets and documents that have to be manipulated on the other end, I never thought of that.

5. shillguy

shillguy Thread Starter

Wellllllllll, that may be okay, but this used to be a simple solution in Winword 2003, as the option was available in the menu itself. I wonder why the Microsoft people have removed it.

I use Outlook Express, and need to send regularly small documents created in Word. Formatting in itself is not important. Direct body text is faster and less troublesome.

6. letchworth

letchworth

Much simpler, yet. Highlight the area- copy & paste.

I'm afraid I was over thinking your question. Yes, I do remember the function of which you speak.
    letchworth

7. slurpee55

slurpee55

8. shillguy

shillguy Thread Starter

Thx a ton. As mentioned in the website given, this tool was well hidden. It was exactly what I was wanted.
    Thanks again

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/816244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice