1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sending email from the net

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by raef, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raef

raef Thread Starter

While on the net there are times when a picture comes up that I would like to send to a friend. I click email to a friend and when the box comes up everything is ok except that I cannot find the "Send" tab.
    Does the pc have to be set up to be able to do this??? Help please.Thanks.:confused::D

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I am not sure what exactly you are referencing. Do you have a specific example? Are you trying to send the email from your PC using an email client?

3. raef

raef Thread Starter

Hi Squashman: Say when I'm on a site maybe looking at golf clubs and I see a club that I want my friends to look at. I right click on the pic and click on "email to a friend" and the page comes up to write and email with the pic I want as an attachment. All just like Outlook express.Apart from the fact that there is no "send" tab

At top left of screen it says "emailing message HTML"

I hope this clarifies things. Cheers, Raef

4. Hughv

Hughv

What browser?
    You may need to set a default email program. In IE, Tools/internet Options/Programs

5. raef

raef Thread Starter

Hi Hughv; I'm using IE. Have tried to do as you sugested but can't work it out. Thanks anyway. raef.

6. Hughv

Hughv

Were you able to set OE as the default email program.

7. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

What version of IE? and what email program is opening up? When the composition window appears click on Help | About...

Also see if Send is on the File menu.

Jerry

8. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Do you have a account set up in Windows Mail?
    There is NO Outlook Express in Vista, it is called Windows Mail.

9. DotHQ

DotHQ

I think the 'send email' tag will attempt to use your default email client.
    I have XP on this workstation and if I open IE and click on Tools / Internet Options and click on the tab named "Programs" it lets me select an email client.
    Try setting that on your machine and then when you click email to friend it will open a window allowing your to put in the email address you want to send to.
    Hope this helps.

10. raef

raef Thread Starter

Thanks one and all. ! I have finally tracked it down. It's Microsoft office outlook that comes up. It needs my email account set up. All I know is that I don't have a pop or smtp setup there and I don't know how to find out what they are. Sorry I'm so dumb about these matters. Thanks, Raef

11. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    You will need to get with your ISP for this information.
    Some do post the required information on their web sites. So if you were tell us who your ISP is we may be of further help.

12. raef

raef Thread Starter

Thanks DaveA; Have got my Pop info and am getting my smtp. They require a password----- Do I use the one I have for my IP or just make up a new one which is what I would prefer. Many thanks.Raef

13. Hughv

Hughv

Use the existing one.
    You can then create a new account or change your pw at your isp's web site.

14. raef

raef Thread Starter

Thanks hughv; I'm away for a couple of days. Will let you know how I get on when I get back. Many thanks. Raef :)

15. raef

raef Thread Starter

Hi again hughV. Did as you suggested and everything works like a dream.

Thanks to all who have helped me with this problem (y) :) Cheers, Raef.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/714043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice