1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sending large attachments with email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wolfworx, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

I would like to send a 60 MB audio attatchment (MP3), but this exceeds the maximum message size allowed for my recipients. What is the best method of getting this size audio clip to someone short of burning it on a CD and mailing it to them?

If the only way is dividing the audio into 2 or more segments and and sending multiple messages, I will try that route, but I do not think I have software to cut up the clip to smaller segments. The original source is thirty minutes on a cassette tape. I could re-record in smaller segments if that is the only way. Any other ideas?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you can use winzip or i use izarc http://www.izarc.org/ free
    in tools use
    create a multiple-volume set
    and choose the size - probably 5MB as some email servers are quite small

OR
    you could simple put it onto a file share , like dropbox, onedrive, googledrive or other file sharing services on the web, and share the file with the other person

Make sure the audio is not subject to any copyright

3. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

I have a web site so I just uploaded the audio clip to it and then put the link to the mp3 file in my email message. I should have thought of it before. Looks like I can mark this solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1131717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice