1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: SEO Techniques/Scam?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Hughv, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hughv

Hughv Thread Starter

This site gets a ton of traffic in our area.
    I'm no SEO expert, but it looks like keyword stuffing or some kind of low-rent SEO tactic.
    What's the deal?
    http://www.callmike.org/

2. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

Define what amount "ton" is support to be. From what I can see, SEO is moderate at best.

Honestly, it's a really crappy site.
    People who run a business should pay to have better products.
    That thing is a code abortion that looks to have time-warped out of 1997.

3. Hughv

Hughv Thread Starter

"Ton" means this site comes up in every search for real estate in this area.
    The guy is (apparently) making mega-bucks and he claims he gets lots of good leads from this awful site. I told my client I don't do sites like that.
    Would Google approve?
    TIA and Merry Christmas.

4. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

People claim many things. It's usually absolute baloney.

Sometimes it's not a matter of a site being "good" as much as it sucks the least, compared to the others it's competing against for placement. I'd have to know a lot more about the search queries, SERPs, etc.

... and you're sort of getting into what I do as paid work.
    So I mostly look at this, for free, from my own curiosity. But I need lots more info.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice