1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] Serious Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tarq, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

Hi, I had just installed The Sims Hot Date. I went to delete some unwanted shortcuts and I clicked on The Sims shortcut to check that I had left the correct one on the start menu. The splash screen appeared and I decided to quckly disconnect from the Internet before it loaded. The system restarted and when it had finished booting it said it was checking my disk for consistency and it then restarted again. When I turned it back on a dialog appeared informing me that my system had recovered from a "serious error".

[​IMG]

I sent the error report to Microsoft and Internet Explorer opened to this page http://oca.microsoft.com/en/Response.asp?SID=77

What Happened?!?

If that was a crash then XP is very good at picking up the pieces!

:) :confused:

2. Dan O

Dan O

Yes, sometimes it recovers very well.

3. tushkahoma

tushkahoma

Seems like the reason for the error was because the program did not finish loading when you disconnected. Nothing to worry about I would say.

4. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

OK thanks! You can close this thread Dan O

Cheers

5. Dan O

Dan O

Great and will do.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice