1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Server 2008 R2 Having problems sense January 13 updates

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Pabloflleras, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pabloflleras

Pabloflleras Thread Starter

We have a Windows 2008 R2 server at our office and for the past 6 months we have not had any real issues with it until a few weeks ago when we did the January 13 updates. When the server turns on it appears to work correctly for around 10 min. But then it looses network connectivity. I've checked the ip settings and have tried to see if any services turn off but cant find anything. We had to uninstall the updates to get the server to work again. I would like to have them installed so i can keep updating our servers security. Has anyone had this issue? or know what could be causing it or how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. chrisheng

chrisheng

Generally,when the situation like this happened to my server,i would check system log by using eventvwr.msc to figure out where the troublemaker is.

3. Pabloflleras

I checked all the system logs but i'm only seeing effects from the server losing connection but i cant find any log indicating what was the cause. The only way to make anything work again is by connection a new network interface card, turning on the computer, turning it back off and taking the network interface card out. Some how that makes the connection work again.

4. chrisheng

chrisheng

According to my experience,I think it is the router that ban the Mac-Address of your interface card for some reason i haven't known, But it does happen sometimes in our LAN.You can change the Mac-address to 888888888888(12 letters) for example and reactive your interface seeing if the connection work again.
    I hope this helps.

5. Pabloflleras

That may very well be the issue. When the issue originally happened i looked at all the settings and i noticed that the Mac Address was missing. It seemed odd but i didn't think much about it as i assumed the issue was elsewhere and just put one in. Thank you for the help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142157

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice