1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: service changes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by chippynut, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chippynut

chippynut Thread Starter

When doing a scan with (Hijack This) on a new laptop i noticed at least twenty services at the bottom of the list that i know can only be stopped by going to admin then services, Now i am not silly enough to disable any of the o/s services but i want to either put on manual or disable some of the extras such as Google updates and thing's i know that i do not need to start automaticly, Could any one tell me if i will allways be able to go back in and enable or put back to auto the things that i disable etc, The laptop belongs to my graddaughter, If it were mine i would have no doubt and take the risks just for learning sake, This may sound silly but it is better to be safe, I have done many reinstalls on old pc's but do not want to do one on a new one, Thanks. (y)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you use Services from Administrative Tools or by typing Services.msc into the search box then you can change any the services from Automatic to Manual or Disabled if you so wish and undo it the same way.

Don't use Hijackthis to disable services - it removes them and its not the proper way to do it.

3. antech

antech Banned

4. chippynut

chippynut Thread Starter

Thank you both, Triple6 and antech i have taken that in, just thought it better to be safe than sorry, will mark this thread as closed, Thanks.:)

5. antech

antech Banned

Cheers.
    Play with your services safely

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice