1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: setting folder options

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by unstresst, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. unstresst

unstresst Thread Starter

new to Windows 7

.windows 7.fresh out of the box, first time being turned on, whats the VERY first step towards having the same options applied to ALL folders and seeing the same options the second/third time you use windows explorer?

All previous versions gave us a list of steps to set folder options......we'd go through the steps.....youre options might be fine ...........now, but the next time you use windows explorer, your options are......not there.
    Nobody ever knew how to permanently set folder options in all previous windows versions.

is it the same with windows 7

do we still have to change options on each folder that we need to?
    each time we use that folder?

I haven't yet tried and I'm not touchin' folder options untill i see what you folks have to say.

2. valis

valis Moderator

sissy. :)

this one is pretty simple, actually. W7 made it a ton easier to accomplish this.

Set up any folder you want to look as you wish ALL folders to look. Then start > run > control > select 'small icons' in the top right > folder options > view > choose the advanced settings you want in the radio dialogue ticks (for instance, I have mine set to show hidden files) > click apply to folders. That's it. :)

3. valis

valis Moderator

fyi, there is also a 'godmode' that you can create an icon for; all it does is show more of the control panel options, but it's nice to have it at your fingertips. Link on it is at my blog here.

thanks,

v

4. unstresst

unstresst Thread Starter

Speak'n of tweaks...thanks for remindin me.......gonna have to hunt down the Windows 7 version of my fav'rit

5. unstresst

unstresst Thread Starter

There's no 'run' available at 'start', only a search box, a list of folders and shut down options ......... A varied list is developed if 'run' is typed in the search box

6. unstresst

unstresst Thread Starter

godmode............awsome concept..........Won't be able to Add this tweak ......this isn't my computer.

Is godmode do-able for XP pro?

7. valis

valis Moderator

run/search are the same thing. Just type 'control' and hit enter and carry on with the rest.

8. valis

valis Moderator

vista yes, xp nope.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1119588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice