1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Setting up GWAR 2000 router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by davehiggins21, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davehiggins21

davehiggins21 Thread Starter

I'm trying to set up an ADDON GWAR 2000 ADSL router to connect to Tiscali in the UK. I've got all the obvious settings from the Tiscali website but although the router appears to connect, when I do a modem test it fails. Does anyone know of any strange settings that are needed - the router has been used before on a BT line - would I be best to reset the modem to factory settings and start again? The ADSL circuit works OK with the supplied USB modem and I have set up a non wirless modem in the past.

Thanks Dave

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Certainly. It gives you a known starting point.

With many (most? all?) ISPs you have to register the modem to be used on their network. If Tiscali is such an ISP you have to register it at a special web site (if they provide one) or call them.

3. davehiggins21

Tiscali's view (as deduced from their website) is that they support use of other modems and they offer to help - but rather slowly it would appear so far. Since they don't specify that you have to register modems but do supply the basic settings I assume you don't have to register them - and I didn't need to register the non wireless one I set up.

4. davehiggins21

Clearing the router down and inputting the settings I knew made it work first time thanks. My daughter was very pleased indeed especially since I fixed her car 15 mins later - a very productive hour.:)
    Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice