1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Severe troubles pluggin new USB multiple

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sachs, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I feel I first posted this message in the wrong thread (systems) Sorry.
    After plugging a 'new' USB multiple (Nº2; 80Mb), it started a general failure: a half hour to update the antivurs; mozilla's incapacity to start; appearence of an allert icon at the right taskbar; oscillating external connection icon (appearing and disappearing). At trying to restart, process stopped at the very begining. PC only opened through F8, in "normal" profile, at the second intent. It seems to be a sort of incompatibility betweeen the device and the current PC. Both USB plugs have functioned always perfectly. Many thanks and greetings

2. Severcool

Severcool

Sachs, your post is very confusing. Why do you have new in quotes? Is the device new or not? Secondly is this a USB Flash Drive (aka thumb drive, pen drive)? If this device was used, it sounds like you have gotten a virus from it. Please elaborate.....

3. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Thanks for the critics. I see that I am very clearly saying that I plugged a USB multiple (not Flash Drive, thumb drive or pen drive in any place of my post). As a matter of fact I use sometimes a pen drive with no troubles. It's the multiple, with the characteristics that I give in my "confusing" post that produced the troubles as to spoil every function. I start my confusing post writing it's new, most clearly. When I get it off troubles disappeared. Dear friend, what do you mean with your question "Why do you have new in quotes?". I am posting internet reports to the person who is helping me in my connection's troubles ("new" reports). Is that, that? Many thanks and greetings. I understood: "quotes" tried to underline that the device is new.

4. Severcool

Severcool

OK.....I think you mean a USB HUB, is that correct?

If it is, you might have a bad product. Have you tried it in another computer? Or in a different port on your computer?

5. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I supose that's the name (is a little technical...), I will trash it. Looks very nice; my daughter gave it to me. Greetings and many thanks

6. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I cannot damage a friend or relative's PC with the "experiment". I have disregarded this irrelevant issue. It looks nice, with a pretty green light... I would wish to add that since the disagreable episode with this "hub", it re appeared at the right side of the task bar the icon with the green arrow for secure unplugging external devices, but pointing to my external hard disk as "F", not to the USB HUB. Before, it appeared just when I connected a small pen memory device (with no troubles at all). Could this anecdote with the hub have affected my PC in the matter of internet function (that's being discussed in the proper forum)? I could swear that it started having severe troubles in that field; but against this feeling is that the 'analogue' telephone also started failing (then, pointing to a more general external failure [about this, I am about to get crazy, fighting with bad technicians arround here {my server} that do not know a word of what are they doing or looking for, walking arround inside home every other day]). Many thanks and friendly greetings.

7. Severcool

Severcool

Sachs...I'm sorry but I don't think I can help you. I am having a really hard time understanding your posts.

But from what I do understand, the hub should not affect your internet at all unless your connection is USB and not Ethernet.

8. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Thanks for your honest confession. I am very sorry but this is the very first time I get such a singular answer in many English speaking places about most different matters. Please, be so kind to realize that I am a Spanish daily user, not "English". Also, let me friendly tell you that some people, not being psychotic, speak a little less simple than other ones...(and that's difficult to translate). And it's very interesting that that people is continuosly having to appologize for that... I am very sorry, and please, do not take this badly. I understand... As a matter of facts an USB trouble is not worth of a bad understanding between two forum's friends (I horrorized trashed that "thing" a lot of days ago). Please, receive again my appologies and nice greetings, together with thanks for your kind understanding.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!