Solved: Shared Folder Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dave001

I recently transfer the MY MUSIC folder from my Documents into the shared docs folder to copy some files over a network. Now When I try to put the My Music folder back into my docs I get an error.... This folder is a system folder and cannot be renamed or removed.

Problem is this move has corrupted my Itunes folder... Can someone tell me how to unlock the folder to get it back into place. I have already tried a system restore and it failed. I need to do this one manually

Try moving it using Safe Mode, which you can access by rebooting and depressing the F8 key after the hardware is listed.

Dave001

Thanks everyone but I was unable to put into practice your suggestions.. I finally figured out how to delete those files.

1) Logged into Admin in safe mode
2) I tunred off Simple file sharing by going to my computer-> Folder options- Unchecked simple file sharing.
3) Then deleted those items without problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!