1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Shared Printer Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cody24, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cody24

Cody24 Thread Starter

Sharing a printer (HP Laser Jet 1320) on a Windows XP 32 bit PC

Now on Windows 7 64 bit PC trying to connect to that shared printer, it says it needs a driver so I say ok let's find a driver locally for it. Locate it and hit ok... gives me error...

Connect to Printer
    Windows cannot connect to printer.

Tried numerous drivers and get same error. Is this a issue with connected a Windows 7 64 to Windows XP 32?

Downloading drivers straight from HP site.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Cody24

Cody24 Thread Starter

Turns out I needed a PCL 5 driver... for some reason it did not like PCL 6 drivers...

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    thanks for the update - I had the same issue on a laser jet and vista - i have at home and had to use the PCL5 - forgot all about that - try to remember if it ever comes up again

glad its all sorted and you took the time to let us know the outcome - will help others searching here

(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!