Solved: Sharing Printers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dojoman

I have managed to network my 2 pc`s so they both recognise one another and can share files, but I cannot get the printer to be shared, both pc`s are using xp, can anyone please help me, Dojo

open printers and faxes
right click on the printer and choose sharing
share the printer
after you share the printer you must add the printer to the other computer.

dojoman

Thanks for the reply, by adding the printer do you mean installing the software from the cd that came with the printer on the computer that is not wired up to the printer?, cheers Dojo

If both computers have the same operating system, as soon as you connect to it, the drivers will automatically be downloaded.

dojoman

Thanks for the reply Bob, both of the pc`s are running XP one home and one pro, the one with the printer attached is the home edition. However when I try and print something from the othe printer I get this message up,
"Word cannot change printers. No printers are installed."
regards Dojo

Were you able to successfully make the netowrk connection to the pringer.

What printer shows up in Control Panel / Printers

Can you print a test page outside of Word

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online