1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Shockwave Flash Crashes in Firefox 22

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Jim73, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jim73

Jim73 Thread Starter

I have the latest version of Firefox (22) installed as well as the latest version of Shockwave Flash; however, Shockwave continuously crashes and hangs up Firefox. I have searched the web, but none of the "curers" seems to do anything to fix the problem. Does anyone have a solution that works?

2. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

Have you tried to update both programs? I recomend using ( http://patchmypc.net/PatchMyPC.exe ) and run that and it will update some of the programs on you computer.

if that don't work

uninstall both things then reinstall firefox first the install Shockwave flash

3. Jim73

Jim73 Thread Starter

I tried it and found Adobe Flash out of date and updated it. I don't know yet whether or not that solved my problem, but in any event it added a helpful tool to my PC maintenance tool box. Thanks.

I tried to open The Drudge Report and it immediately crashed. I ran the Firefox Reset and it now appears to be working fine.

Thanks for the help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1103438