1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Should I download IE9

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sistafatti, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sistafatti

sistafatti Thread Starter

I have heard so many horror stories I am reluctant to download IE9. Techs on other sites state that sooner or later you should switch to IE9. I have a new Gateway computer that is only one year old with W7. Everytime in the past I have been somewhat skitterish when I went from IE4 toi IE5, then 6 then 7 then 8 and I have never experienced a problem but now I am really nervous about this one. I did a seach on IE 9 on this site and viewed numerous problems with IE 9 which didn't help me in my decision. Any comments will be appreciated.

2. Rockn

Rockn

If there is no compelling reason for you to install it then don't. I am sure it will be patched a few times before it is stable just like any other Microsoft offering. Everyone rushes to install the latest and greatest everything with no regard for the fact that it is untested...you would become the beta tester.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you're using IE8 and are happy with it, stick with it. IE9 has a few graphic changes that you may not like. Your computer isn't any less secure with IE8 than it is with IE9.

IE10 is supposed to be released next year.

--------------------------------------------------------

4. sistafatti

sistafatti Thread Starter

Thanks guys.........I probably do rush to get the latest and greatest so will be more careful. Also glad to hear my computer won't be any less secure with IE8. Think I will just stay with it since everything is working ok.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!