1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Should I let MiniTool Partition Wizard delete my System Reserved partition?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tisungeni, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tisungeni

tisungeni Thread Starter

I'm trying to recover my partition table using MniniTool Partition Wizard. I tried running the Partition Recover Wizard which listed the 2 partitions on my disk i.e. ACER and SYSTEM RESERVED. It also listed the hidden PQSERVICE partition which comes with factory settings. The ACER and PQSERVICE partitions are listed as "Lost/Deleted" and SYSTEM RESERVED is "Existing".

However when I try to select all these partitions so I can recover and keep them all, the status of SYSTEM RESERVED changes from "Existing" to "Overlapped" and I can't select it anymore. When I move to the next step it tells me that it'll have to delete the SYSTEM RESERVED partition.

I don't know if i should go ahead and do so. or if it will just make things worse. What should I do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice