Solved: shuts down when i sign on... please help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sammeh

i didnt know where to put this but i have windows 2k on my laptop and as soon as i log in it begins to shut down right away. i have it pluged in so it cant be the battery, because i dont have one that works. any way to get it to stop shuting down without having to re-install it? (it took me all day yesterday to update the thing)

cybertech

Retired Moderator
If I understand correctly your battery does not work, so do you have it in the machine? If so try removing it and see if it will boot for you.

Sammeh

i have tried taking it out and yet again it boots up, i log in, then it waits a bit and starts shutting down.

Sammeh

i completely fergot to try that, i'll give it a shot and tell you if it worked.

Sammeh

worked. thanks a bunch.

note to self: DONT OVERLOOK THE OBVIOUS ANYMORE.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Well, that's good!

I'll leave this thread open so you can post back and let us know if you need help or solve the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online