1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Shutting Down Windows XP Home

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dojoman, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dojoman

dojoman Thread Starter

My pc has started to lock up when I try and shut it down, I am running XP Home.

2. timothye

timothye

we need a bit more info then what you have supplied us with .. exactly what is it doing ....

3. dojoman

dojoman Thread Starter

Sorry, I should have been more specific. When I come to shut it down I go to start then click "turn off computer", then I click "turn off" and the pc starts to shut down. It goes to the blue shutting down screen and just stays there instead of completing the shutdown. It only has started doing this since since I tried to install sp2 and had problems and had to uninstall it. Any help much appreciated, Dojo

4. timothye

timothye

hey ..i honestly dont think sp2 has anything to do with it ..
    i would check to see if you have a ny MAL ware .. see my signature for links to free cleaners ..
    do that then get back to us ..

5. bobol

bobol

Go with the online virus scan link in timothye's post above, then do adaware and spybot[my links below]. Then we'll see if a hijack this is in order too.....

6. dojoman

dojoman Thread Starter

Thx a lot guys, have run the following,
    Xcleaner
    Spybot search & destroy
    Virus Scan
    Adaware se
    Already had AdAware installed and have Panda Titanium installed for the security, still run the virus check anyway but did not pick anything up. Spybot picked up quite a lot and XCleaner picked up a couple of things as well, got rid of all the nasties and pc seems to behaving itself for now, so once again thanks, Dojo

7. timothye

timothye

you welcome ..

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice