1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sidebar gadgets don't load proper (look corrupted)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by StevenX, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StevenX

StevenX Thread Starter

After restarting my laptop a few days ago, my Sidebar Gadgets didn't load properly. They now have a really weird glitchy/corrupted look, with most of the gadgets having large areas missing or blacked out or something, as seen in the linked screenshot:

[​IMG]

I wasn't doing anything particularly exciting before restarting (i.e. I wasn't messing around with any system files that I can recall!) - any ideas on how to get my Gadgets back!?

2. huggie54

huggie54

have you tried performing a system restore back to a date when it was working alright

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Your screen shot got lost?

4. StevenX

StevenX Thread Starter

Screenshot has been fixed, and I have performed a system restore to when it was working with no luck.

EDIT: I played around a bit more with System Restore today, going back and forward to a number of restore points a number of times. Eventually it restarted with the Gadgets working properly again, and the Gadgets still look OK after a few restarts. I'm unsure what caused (or fixed) the problem, but I seem to have it fixed for the moment! Thanks for the help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!