1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ~Sighs~ Another error. When good comps go bad.

Discussion in 'Games' started by xxsanadaxx, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xxsanadaxx

xxsanadaxx Thread Starter

Alrighty then. I'll do the same thing that I did with the last one, for this one.

I got a game called Rome: Total War. Works good normally, except for the occasional crashes that I get on every game I play on my computer. Whatever, I work around those because nobody has told me anything to try thats worked yet.

This is only on this mod, called Europa Barbarum, that I have this issue, and I don't understand why its happening. This one tells me I haven't installed DirectX 9.0. I HAVE. Four times. I can't uninstall it (I know that wrecks the computer) and I haven't tried. I haven't altered DirectX at all. When I say I've installed DirectX 9.0, what I mean is that the game automatically runs an installation of it after you finish installing the game and I've accepted the installation each time. I've also done it from the Microsoft website, by the way. Now, I've tried to run the game five times and each time, same error.

I'll copy the error exactly, here.

'Rome: Total War failed to find DirectX 9, which is required for the game to run. Please reinstall DirectX.'

Anyone got any ideas? Once again, this only happens on this one mod (I've tried another mod called Rome: Total Realism with it and that worked fine, as did the original and the expansion, Barbarian Invasion. Crashes on all of them ((meaning exit-to-error)) but never this DirectX issue).

2. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
  3. xxsanadaxx

xxsanadaxx Thread Starter

My drivers are all updated.

Anyways. THIS problem, at least, was fixed easily. I messed around a little and rebooted and now it works fine. :D Thanks anyways, for responding!

4. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    Cool! Happy computing!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice