1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Signed in on another computer

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Jean Spence, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jean Spence

Jean Spence Thread Starter

Was signed in to Messenger this morning and had a message pop up saying that I was signed on to another computer. I don't have another computer here. How can I find out what is going on? I am about to change my password, but don't know if that will make a difference. Does this mean that some is hacking me?????? Please help. Don't know what to do from here.

2. $teve

$teve

Hi:)
    Do this:
    go to http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/ , and download 'Hijack This!'.....
    Unzip it to its own folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show other issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.
    Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

If you have anything disabled by MSConfig or any other startup manager, please re-enable it before scanning to post.

;)

3. Jean Spence

Jean Spence Thread Starter

Hopefully my most recent post will clear all of this up. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice