1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Silly silly question re: data block

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by havenoidea, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. havenoidea

havenoidea Thread Starter

That's what I think they are called. The 3 grey blocks which should sit on the right of my screen, I think they are 'data block' 'cd block' and some other block. They have disappeared, and Sony helpdesk is ignoring me, can anyone tell me how to put them back. I have a vaio desktop with xp 2002. Thank you.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

Do you mean the Icons on the right-hand side of the Taskbar...ie. Clock

3. Augie65

Augie65

If you mean the notification area like in picture below, right click on the taskbar and select Properties. Check the box: Hide inactive icons then click the Customize button. Look for the icon in the list and click on it, you can then click the down arrow on the right and select one of the options. Always show, Always hide, or Hide when inactive. Then Apply and OK.

Attached Files:

4. havenoidea

Hi, no, not the task bar, on the right hand side of the pc about half way down. It was 3 grey squares about 1 inch in size. If you clicked on the cd block, you could open the cd tray and also eject the disc. Sorry, I have no idea what they are called.

5. bonk

bonk Banned

Some program you have on your PC would have created the shortcut Icons there......

Look in All programs list and see if you can find it and set them back.

6. havenoidea

You're probably right, now that you mention it. 2 weeks ago I did a complete recovery on my pc and that's when they disappeared. I have not reinstalled everything I had on so you have given me the answer. Many thanks for your help.

7. bonk

bonk Banned

OK....DoKee

8. havenoidea

Hi, just a note to tell you that I have found the 3 grey boxes, they're from the 'drag 'n drop cd+dvd, it's easier to open my cd tray with them than the button on the side of the pc as it sticks sometimes. thanks again. mary

9. bonk

bonk Banned

Glad your sorted........

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice