1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: SimCity Societies display issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by LOLZpersonok, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LOLZpersonok

LOLZpersonok Thread Starter

I recently came across this issue with my game. I had the screen resolution set for 1048x468 (I think that's what it is) and I had it in windowed mode. So I decided to set the resolution to my native monitor display resolution, which is 1680x1050. So, I continued to play when I decided to quit. The next time I booted up my computer, and wanted to play the game, my monitor went blank and displayed "imput not supported", but the sound was still playing. I have played the game in fullscreen with that resolution with no problems before, so I don't know what is wrong now. My specs are:

Windows XP Home
    ATI Radeon HD 4670 GPU 1 GB
    AMD Athlon dual core processor 2.11 GHz
    2.50 GB RAM

The game runs smoothly. Never had a problem with it until now. What on earth could be wrong here?

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

could try starting in safe mode if works then as soon as starts go to game options and alter screen resolution otherwise you will need to edit game file yourself below link should point your game file to the location more or less , when found game file open with notepad change res to one that you know works save the chenge then restart the game, its not the easiest thing to explain

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?p=279153

3. LOLZpersonok

I tried running the game in safemode via Kaspersky Internet Security, but the game will only say "the wrong disk is inserted. Please insert the origional SimCity Societies CD and try again." If I don't, the game will 'run', but it will say on my monitor that the "imput is not supported". I honestly have no idea what is going on. I also have no idea how to change the screen resolution manually without the game. BTW, the linked article is for SimCity 4. I need help wit SimCity Societies. :confused:

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I think there is an .ini file that you can change the resolution back to what it's meant to be... some reason your game is on a resolution that is showing on the monitor as an unsupported resolution.

5. LOLZpersonok

Okay, where is the .ini file?

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I don't know... I am guessing :eek: I know simcity / sims do. Usually found in the my documents folder.

Have you tried accessing the game from the CD? It may have the game options there to change.

7. LOLZpersonok

Ah, thanks. I managed to fix it.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    (y) good! :) Was it with the CD?

Also mark your thread solved by going to the top left and click marked solved

9. LOLZpersonok

No nothing wrong with the cd.

10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    lol i meant did you fix it by using the cd...

11. LOLZpersonok

Ohhh...no. I found a settings file in my documents and changed my screen res that way. The CD doesn't give you a repair option :(

12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    ah ok :) some games do, i guess this doesn;t, but I'm glad you found the settings file in my documents :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice