1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Simple Firewall Question...

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Steve159, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Steve159

Steve159 Thread Starter

I need to get into my firewall config, i know it sounds like a stupid question but heres the thing, I already check and i don't have the default windows firewall enabled, I'm using Norton's Anti-virus but not Norton's Internet Security. I cant find a option that allows me to allow/block programs in my firewall. I used the security center in the control panel to see what firewalls i have in use and it says Norton's Anti-virus and Norton's Internet Security (even though i don't remember installing the internert security). So my question is how do i access firewall controls through Norton's Antivirus?

2. Benny Bumble

Benny Bumble

Hi Steve, Maybe I don't fully understand what you're trying to do but if you clik "start">control panel>then dbl clik Win firewall, you can turn it on or off, set exceptions & other stuff on the advanced tabs. Ahhhh but then I recall that Norton won't let you do that!! Maybe that's what you're talking about.There should be a work-around but I don't have Norton any more so I don't know.
    Ben

3. Steve159

Steve159 Thread Starter

Hey yea thats not really what i was i was asking (my fault kinda of confusing at the start). Ill try to explain it again that actually makes sense :p

Okay, the windows firewall is off, i know that

I dont have Nortons Internet Security but i do have Norton's Anti-Virus (not sure if you can one without the other)

In the Security Center in the control panel it says that i have two firewalls active, Norton's Antivirus and Norton's Internet Security.

But when I open Norton's i cant find the firewall control option to allow or block programs.

Hopefully that makes it a little more clear

Steve

4. KLR

KLR

Open Norton Antivirus options and turn off - internet worm protection -
    it replaces windows firewall - as it is a firewall of sorts.
    not sure why you are seeing NIS. maybe do a find or look in add/remove.

5. Steve159

Steve159 Thread Starter

ok thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice