1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: simple problem dont know how to fix

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lypka109, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lypka109

Lypka109 Thread Starter

i'm sure it must be an option or something, but i no longer have to ability to browse through files/folders/websites i have been to before in my computer / internet explorer.

that is a bad explanation so ill say it like this:
    you know in My Computer how if you have say 3 folders called "Super Cool", "Super Fish", "Super Shoe," and you type in the address bar the word "Super" how the drop down thing below where you type will show the folders, making them easier to access? my drop down thing does not show up any more. it's the same with websites in internet explorer.

i feel dumb asking, but does anyone know how to fix this? thanks.

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Sounds like AutoComplete has been turned off. You can configure AutoComplete to save and suggest only the information you want. You can choose whether to use AutoComplete for Web addresses, forms, and passwords, or not use it all. You can also clear the history for any of these.

1.. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    2.. Click the Content tab.
    3.. Click the Settings button beside AutoComplete.
    4.. Select the check boxes for the AutoComplete options you want to use.

3. Lypka109

Lypka109 Thread Starter

that fixed it, thanks a lot :)

4. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Glad it worked.. You can mark this as 'Solved' by clicking on Thread tools at the top.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542448

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice