1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: SIMS 2 and nvidia video cards

Discussion in 'Games' started by sarahelsharif, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahelsharif

sarahelsharif Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm not sure if this exact question has been posted, and i'm sorry if it has, but I am planning on buying a new desktop with 3gb memory. I'm not sure yet what kind of video card I want, but my choices are the nvidia geforce 6150, nvidia geforce 7100, 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400, DVI-I, VGA adapter, and 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT DVI-I, HDMI. I really want one that will allow for Sims 2 to run pretty smoothly , but also for one that will run my photoshop cs3. I have the nvidia geforce 6150 on my laptop with 2gb of memory and it runs ok...but it's a little slow. Which of the top options is the best? Is the 8400 a good card? I would rather get the 8400 because it's a better value, and I am assuming that the higher the number the better the card? is that true for nvidia video cards? Will having at least 3gb of memory on the desktop help for the video card to run better?

thanks!!

2. iwassnow

iwassnow

I'm not sure about nvidia cards, but higher numbers USSUALLY mean better card. The exception is probably with the radeon x series cards. The numbers are only between 1k and 2k but they are better than the regular 9k series ATIs from what I understand. As for the memory count. More is always better. :)

3. sarahelsharif

sarahelsharif Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!