1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sims 2 Game for Mac Crashes

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by dianabanana27, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dianabanana27

dianabanana27 Thread Starter

You all probably get a ton of these, but this is really frustrating me. I just bought a brand new Sims 2 (original) off the Apple store, so it's legit. It says it needs a mac of 10.3.8 OR LATER, and my mac is a 10.6.4. Yet it doesn't work. It will load the loading page and suddenly quit, saying that it quit unexpectedly and it comes up with a screen that has all this technical stuff I don't understand. I am fairly good with computers but this one is stumping me. I have enough memory for the game, as it needs 3 GB. I don't know what's going on. Someone please help!! The game is brand new!

2. Headrush

Headrush

3. dianabanana27

i tried downloading it and it worked, but the game still crashed at the loading screen. ughh. thanks though..

4. Headrush

Headrush

Start /Applications/Utilities/Console and click Show Log List. Highlight All Messages and then run Sims.

Look back at this screen and we may get some helpful error messages over why its failing.

P.S. Has this game been installed or moved to your hard drive or are you running directly from CD?

5. dianabanana27

well its installed so i guess thats it. i moved it to my desktop which installed it. how do i get to the /Applications/Utilities/Console thing?

6. dianabanana27

wait, i may have figured it out. hold on.

7. dianabanana27

thanks for all your help! :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/945185