1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sims 3 & Sims 3 Pets(Origin) - Ordinal 304 Error (Not Found?)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lyd, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyd

Lyd Thread Starter

From Origin (or even without origin, just trying to run the game from my desktop alone), I cannot play the Sims 3 or my only expansion pack, the Sims 3 Pets.
    I have two other games installed that work completely fine: Plants vs. Zombies and SimCity.

The error happens just a few seconds after trying to launch either of the Sims games, without even opening the launcher. This is what the error message says:

Code:
    Sims3LauncherW.exe - Ordinal Not Found

The ordinal 304 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll.

Then, after clicking "OK" on the prompt, I get this:
    Code:
    Sims3Launcher

Sims3Launcher has stopped working
    Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

I have had 5 chats with 5 different people from the Origin online help chat, and as suggested I have tried all of the following, all to which none have solved my problem.

• Logged out & back into Origin
    • "Repaired" games from inside Origin
    • Restarted my laptop
    • Manually uninstalled Origin, then reinstalled Origin from the Origin website
    • Uninstalled the Sims 3 Pets and The Sims 3 (not manually, I would need guidance for that), then reinstalled both
    • Updated AMD drivers
    • Installed Windows updates
    • Clean booted my laptop
    Please help! :(

2. Lyd

Lyd Thread Starter

Bump?
    I talked to someone from EA again and was told that the corrupted files are from malware or a virus...

3. Lyd

Lyd Thread Starter

I completed a full scan on my laptop on Sunday, which came up with 1 "infected" file. It was some sort of virus and my computer automatically removed it, which seemed to solve my problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!