Solved: Sims Deluxe will not install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Omega_Shadow

PROBLEM ONE: The Sims install progam does not alow me to select where I want the sims game installed to... (this will be more relivant once you read problem three)

PROBLEM TWO: Installation takes For-Ev-Er. A good fifteen minutes. It just stops reading from the CD and sits there doing absolutely nothing for 10 minutes an then starts back up again

PROBLEM THREE: The Sims install program installs the game files in random arias in my WINNT FOLDER!! :mad:

PROBLEM FOUR: After the so-called "install", the game will not play, or uninstall, or re-install. Says I have -1MB on my drive when I have over 2 gigs free!!

Help me out before I go postal here!! :mad:

$20 for a program that doesnt work... it makes me sick..... (n)

First lets start by totally removing The Sims from your computer. Go too this link too completely remove it from your computer. Then try reinstalling it again. Please tell me if you don't get it installed correctly.
Raistlin

Omega_Shadow

I am unable to follow the directions listed at the link you gave me. Nothing matches up- like I said before there IS no sims folder I can simply delete. The sims program files are scatered around in my WINNT folder.

I will attempt to make changes to my registry, but I am unable to delete files in my WINNT Folder. Except for the sims.exe and the like that obviously belong to the game, I have no way of knowing what files belong there and what dont. I will NOT reinstall windows over a game!

Omega_Shadow

Downloaded it. It only cleans up the registry. Well I ran it anyway and went into the WINNT folder and deleted the Obvious sims files. Going to try another install...

Ok, this time it is letting me chose the install folder, cross your fingers for me. Hard to do while I am typing :D .....

Omega_Shadow

That did it! After four hours of problems I have the Sims Deluxe installed and running without problems! Thanx Raistlfiren

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online