1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sims Deluxe will not install

Discussion in 'Games' started by Omega_Shadow, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow Thread Starter

PROBLEM ONE: The Sims install progam does not alow me to select where I want the sims game installed to... (this will be more relivant once you read problem three)

PROBLEM TWO: Installation takes For-Ev-Er. A good fifteen minutes. It just stops reading from the CD and sits there doing absolutely nothing for 10 minutes an then starts back up again

PROBLEM THREE: The Sims install program installs the game files in random arias in my WINNT FOLDER!! :mad:

PROBLEM FOUR: After the so-called "install", the game will not play, or uninstall, or re-install. Says I have -1MB on my drive when I have over 2 gigs free!!

Help me out before I go postal here!! :mad:

$20 for a program that doesnt work... it makes me sick..... (n)

2. Raistlfiren

Raistlfiren

First lets start by totally removing The Sims from your computer. Go too this link too completely remove it from your computer. Then try reinstalling it again. Please tell me if you don't get it installed correctly.
    Raistlin

3. Omega_Shadow

I am unable to follow the directions listed at the link you gave me. Nothing matches up- like I said before there IS no sims folder I can simply delete. The sims program files are scatered around in my WINNT folder.

I will attempt to make changes to my registry, but I am unable to delete files in my WINNT Folder. Except for the sims.exe and the like that obviously belong to the game, I have no way of knowing what files belong there and what dont. I will NOT reinstall windows over a game!

4. Raistlfiren

Raistlfiren

5. Omega_Shadow

Downloaded it. It only cleans up the registry. Well I ran it anyway and went into the WINNT folder and deleted the Obvious sims files. Going to try another install...

Ok, this time it is letting me chose the install folder, cross your fingers for me. Hard to do while I am typing :D .....

6. Raistlfiren

Raistlfiren

:Fingers crossed: Good luck :)
    Raistlin

7. Omega_Shadow

That did it! After four hours of problems I have the Sims Deluxe installed and running without problems! Thanx Raistlfiren

8. Raistlfiren

Raistlfiren

No problem... Glad too see it working. Anytime. :)
    Raistlin

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!