1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] Singer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Singer, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Singer

Singer Thread Starter

I downloaded Windows XP home Edition and love it so far. I have a problem! My headseat does not work when connected to my CD rom. My PC speakers (Boston) work just fine. I feel there must be an adjustment I must make to let me hear the music directly in my ears from my headset? Please advise.

2. Dan O

Dan O

Does the headset work on another device? The headset or the connector could have gone bad. Have you tried adjusting the volume control, which is next to the jack hole?

3. Singer

Singer Thread Starter

Hi Dan: Yes, tried everything. In fact I just connected my headphone set to the back of my tower where the green speaker cord usually is. I get music thru the headset now but do not have any volume control. So working as it is now, I either can plug it into my out to speakers jack or plug that cord back in and listen to music on the speakers, which drives everyone crazy. :confused:

4. Singer

Singer Thread Starter

Has anyone with XP home ediition experienced this problem with their earphones?

5. Singer

Singer Thread Starter

Dan, yes we tried the same pair of headphones on other computers and also different headphones on them. They do not work on computers with XP. Does your headphone set work on your pc? and do you have XP. I am about ready to jump!

6. Dan O

Dan O

Singer,

I replied to your e-mail as well. Do You know that the CD drive jack only works when playing an audio CD?

If you want to use your headphones for digital sound, such as MP3s or games you need to use the sound card's jack or get a set of speakers that have a headphones jack.

7. JJJecj71

JJJecj71

in the system tray you have a Volume icon. Just right click the icon and goto properties and enable headphone. If you don't see it in the then click advance and make it an option.

But also if your Cd rom don't have a little/forgot the name line connecting from it to the sound card or the mother board it will never work.

8. Singer

Singer Thread Starter

Well I tried the volume on my lowered bar and when I changed the setting to the headset mode that seemed to cut off the speakers, but still no sound to the headphone. Wish you could remember the name of that little line thingy so I could go and buy one? :mad:

9. Singer

Singer Thread Starter

First, thank all of you for offering suggestions. Second, I wish to share this information. My headphones are now working. They do not work from the Real Media Audio program but rather from the CD player that is built into my browser. As I have two CDroms, one for burning, and the other the one that came with the tower. I plugged my headphones into the latter one one. To the right of the portal are two switches for adjustments. You have to click twice on the one just right of the portal. The one over more to the right is to eject the CD. Of course, the one to the left of the portal is for the volume control. So simple? Yes, but when you are not hardware wise it was a real Sherlock Holmes problem. Thank goodness for my son, Watkins, the problem is solved , and I thank all of you for eliminating all the other propossed ones. :p

10. Dan O

Dan O

That's great news and thanks for sharing it.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112195

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice