1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Skype not working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by twscarp, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twscarp

twscarp Thread Starter

Hi, last night my Skype phone stopped operating, which had been OK for almost a year. I have a Sony Vaio laptop WinXP SP3. The phone is a wireless Philips VOIP321. The driver shows it's connected, and the Skype program shows all my contacts like usual as if nothing is wrong. Only thing is the antenna icon on the phone is blinking, shows that it is searching, but cannot pick up the signal. I've checked for updates, and reinstalled the Skype program, still no luck. The only thing that might have upset it, is that I created a Linux Rescue CD yesterday. I put it in my CD drive and had it boot the computer, then I removed it and booted normally. In all other ways computer is operating fine and as usual, except for Skype. Any ideas, thanks,...Tom

2. twscarp

twscarp Thread Starter

OK, I finally opened a bottle of wine, and after one and a half glasses, problem solved! But before that I uninstalled/ reinstalled Skype, uninstalled/ reinstalled Philips VOIP321 drivers, booted the poor machine several times, tried System Restore for the first time, successfully, I might add, still the stupid phone would not work. Then I'm thinking, I bought this Skype stuff in April of 08', wonder if the batteries on the phone are down. Well I don't have any AAA batteries on hand, I'll do the old take them out spin them around, and stick um back in. First thing that got me smiling was the little antenna icon on the phone was not blinking, yup, that was it, the darn batteries. Hopefully someone else will read this, and help them,...Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/788943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice