Solved: Slackware 12.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Slackware has been to be exremely stable and version 11 was based on 2.4.33 kernel.

Now the new vesrion 12 has switched to 2.6.21 kernel. Linux must have moved a lot of grounds since. Lets see if it is still hanging onto the text installer.

briealeida

Text installer is still around. I've had some trouble booting. Half of the machines I've tried have worked, the other half not so much. My dad couldn't get the installer going. We've spent total like 15 mins on it, though. NO giving up yet!

Took a lot of time to download initially so I aborted. Today I managed to get the complete iso image.

It is one of the nice ones that allows me to boot it off from the hard disk without burning a DVD first.

Using it to post this reply. Pretty fast I would say, as it always does. Text installer seems a lot faster possibly it could get files from the hard disk instead of from the CD/DVD.

Haven't checked the hardware response yet but the sound need looking into.

It is a refreshing change after seeing so many Gnome and Grub and then run into KDE and Lilo in Slackware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts