1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sleep Mode problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PSCO2007, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PSCO2007

PSCO2007 Thread Starter

I had no trouble putting the computer to sleep until yesterday.
    Now it goes to sleep, but 30 seconds later would wake on its own ( mouse turned off)
    I did a rollback to 2 days ago when the problem did not exist - same problem.
    I checked all my settings as well as Device Mgr - Network adapter box to check "allow to turn off" is greyed out.
    Box is also greyed out in Mouse properties.

I also tried to set Power button to put computer to sleep.
    No difference.

I have no idea what has caused this unusual behavior

Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Paul

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check the keyboard and Wake-On-LAN settings in BIOS, too. If you have changed any drivers, that could be a problem.

3. PSCO2007

PSCO2007 Thread Starter

4. PSCO2007

PSCO2007 Thread Starter

After going through solutions. and failing, I was ready to do a restore from a previous Acronis backup.

By accident, I left the mouse untouched for 2 minutes ( I have set power option to sleep at that setting) and the monitor went dark AND the computer went to sleep and stayed there.

The mouse won't wake it, but pushing the power button immediately brings it out of Sleep.
    I don't know why I can't set the box in Power Mgmt to turn off since it is grayed out, but at least this irritating problem is solved.:)

5. PSCO2007

PSCO2007 Thread Starter

I am now able to put the comp to sleep ( had to also uncheck the keyboard "wake" setting.

I ran a Power Efficiency Report.
    Could you take a look at it?
    I would like to find out what caused my problem.

Thanks,
    Paul

file:///C:/Users/Paul/energy-report.html

Just realized the link may not work.
    Here is the Notepad file.

Attached Files:

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

I'll take a look. But if things seem OK, don't look for problems. You can almost always find something that can easily be ignored. Pay attention to the problems that are really problems.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059351