Solved: Sleep Mode / Standby

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

braejr

Morning Everyone,

Having an issue with a PC that keeps either going into sleep mode or standby, not really sure which, but when I try to resume it nothing happens, no IO device is able to wake it up. I actually have to hit the power button on the case to get it turn back on and then it says it is locked and need to login. I have the same computer in a different location setup the same way that does not act this way. Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Right click your desk, select PROPERTIES, select the SCREEN SAVER tab, click the POWER button in the right hand corner. What are your settings??

Sounds as if going into HIBERNATE.

Check in control panel under power options and see if it's set to go into standby after a certain time. Also check the display properties and under the screensaver tab there is one to password protect. See what that does.

braejr

Thanks guys, found the answer, some how the check box for "allow this device to bring computer out of standby" was unchecked. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online