1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sleeptime

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by RonT22, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RonT22

RonT22 Thread Starter

How can I disable the moniter sleep function for awhile. I'm trying to let my Carbonite program do it's thing, but I think it stops when the moniter goes to sleep or the computer whichever is sleeping. I want to keep it awake . If I'm not on the computer, it just goes into sleep mode and I want to complete the initial backup as soon as I can. So, can you tell me how to disable it for the time being? It's an HP Paviliona6110n Windows Vista home premium.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  3. RonT22

RonT22 Thread Starter

Thanks. Turns out I don't need to turn it off now. My Carbonite program has finished it's initial backup or so it says. But I did bookmark the page with the info if I need to do it sometime. Thanks again.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome. :) (y)

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice