1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(solved) Slide Show In Windows Media

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by TheRealGV, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheRealGV

TheRealGV Thread Starter

I have about 200 pictures of family that I want to be able to have viewable in Windows Media as a slide show.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a free program that's out there that can do this? Even one that has a free trial that offeres full features? I do plan on maybe paying for it, but I ned to try it first. I've tried a couple, but free trial doesn't offer the features needed. I want to be able to have a 3 to 5 second delay between pictures.

Thanks in advance.

2. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

Try THIS called fresh view, It's good fast free and spyware free, it will show thumbs, give you a slideshow full screen and let you determine the length...easy to learn also...check it out...you will have to register it, but it IS free ...Rhett

( one you download it you may want to go to tools/settings/file associations and remove all the ticks so it will let your favorite programs remain the defaults)

3. TheRealGV

TheRealGV Thread Starter

Thanks, but that won't play a slide show in Windows Media Player.

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

How are you going to store them for viewing? CD

Ifranview will allow you to create a slideshow and burn it to a CD with the viewer so you can give it anyone

buck

5. TheRealGV

TheRealGV Thread Starter

The first line of my original post said, "I have about 200 pictures of family that I want to be able to have viewable in Windows Media as a slide show".

This means that I want to use Windows Media Player to view the slide show as a movie.

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

Thanks for clearing that up :rolleyes:

Was just making a alternative suggestion that is very quick and easy for slideshows...and it's free

buck

7. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Movie Maker on Windows XP will create a .wmv file. My sister just created a movie/slideshow that included about 100 pictures set to the music of her choice...

PS: Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays - just remember, yes we can read and everyone here is merely giving you options, opinions, and trying to help, try to check the attitude at the door ;)

8. TheRealGV

TheRealGV Thread Starter

Sorry for the attitude. I was pretty frustrated trying to find what I needed.

I did manage to find what I was looking for and it worked better then I was hoping.

9. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

Great for you, and we are glad, ..but... how about sharing what you found with the other members... then Mr. Buck ( :) ) can mark this resolved !!...PS... MERRY CHRISTMAS !!... Rhett :D

10. TheRealGV

TheRealGV Thread Starter

I first got the pictures set all in one folder. I needed to resize them all to fit a screen resolution of 800X600. I was going to use InfranView, but didn't like that idea as only one can be resized at a time. I managed to find a program called Slide Show found at http://www.digitalphotoslideshow.com/ . It came with a Digital Photo Resizer.

After resizing to fit screen resolution, I used a program called ProShow ( http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow/ ) to take the 200 pictures and turn them into a slide show movie. This program has a feature that allow you to add an MP3 to have sound with the show. If you're using the Trial Version, it will leave a mark across the show saying evaluation version. I paid for it and don't get that marking. This left me with a pretty big .mpg file.

I used Windows Media Encoder ( http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2193-8436084.html?tag=lst-2-4 ) to shrink the file down to a sixth of the original (90MB down to 15MB). Most, if not all the quality remained.

I only wanted to create a slide show to show people. The added music was a great bonus. As I said, it was better then I wanted.

Thanks again for the assistamce. Sorry for the frustration. I really wanted to get this done before bed tonight, and didn't think I would be able to.

11. buck52

buck52 Banned

TheRealGV

glad you got it worked out...and thanks for sharing how...

I will mark this as solved...howdy Rhett :)

For your info... Irfanview slideshows display fullscreen automatically and/or will batch resize quite nicely... ;)

buck

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/189765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice