1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Slide Show with Music ??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by n2gun, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n2gun

n2gun Thread Starter

Have over 2000 family pics (all jpg) we want to put into a slide show with background music. I tried Photosuite 5 and it locks up on me while putting it together. Can anyone recommend another way of doing it?? Thanks in advance

2. akstacey88

akstacey88

I had a slideshow with music that I did for a wedding. It was only about 200 pictures and I used Microsoft Power Point. I'm not sure how it would react with 2000 pictures. Also another option to try would be Windows Movie Maker and make a movie with all the pictures in it.

3. kath100

kath100

At just 5 seconds a photo (without transitions) that would be over two and a half hours continuous viewing. Could your audience last that long?
    I recommend ProShow Gold but would split your collection into smaller shows.

Pro Show Gold here
    www.photodex.com

4. hewee

hewee

Good point Kath :D

5. hansmax

hansmax

I'll go along with ProShow Gold. It's pricey, but works great.

6. MowermanEd

MowermanEd

7. CTPhil

CTPhil

Another vote for ProShow Gold. It's the only program I could find (that wasn't a bazillion dollars) that not only sets up the slide show (the easy part), but converts it and burns to DVD without any additional software. It's the only way to go if you want to view your slideshow on your TV, especially if you want it to "loop" continuously.

8. n2gun

n2gun Thread Starter

Thanks All

9. laceycat

laceycat

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but I am currently looking for software for a photo slideshow and noticed some want to add music to the show. Just out of curiousity, what kind of music would you add, something light and easy or something?

10. n2gun

n2gun Thread Starter

My daughter is puuting together a family tree photo slideshow. Actually she has done 10 so far frouping the pictures from when they were taken. Some go back to the 50's so she is using music from the era that pics were taken. I think you would want something smooth and easy going as you don't want to distract from the photos.

11. rbrager

rbrager

I like PhotoStory 3 from Microsoft. It has some limited editing functions, a 300 pic limit,
    and music functions. To create a slide show with thousands of pics I thing you wold
    need to create several short slide shows and import them into Movie Maker to splice
    them all together.

12. bygum

bygum

The very best program on the market for doing this is with out any doubt Arcsoft showbiz DVD and Arcsoft slide show
    http://www.arcsoft.com/
    This address will take you there.
    I do a lot of show's some useing 2000 photos no problems .
    Pat.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/450037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice